• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Join our Discord
  • Denied UV_Symmetry - Application for helper position on LuckySB

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    What is your Minecraft Username?: UV_Symmetry

What is your age?: 17

How long have you been playing on Lucky Skyblock? I have been active on luckysb since early June of this year. Although I have been an active member of the merged servers’ communities since 2013.

Have you ever been banned on The Lucky Skyblock? (If so, state all previous bans): Yes I was banned once for 7 hours at my own request.

How many hours can you dedicate to moderating per day?: Realistically I can dedicate 2-6 hours per day to moderation on the server.

What timezone are you in? PST

Do you know the server rules?: Yes, I know the old server rules and am aware Vyzon will be writing new rules that I will be sure to read thoroughly.

Would you treat your friends differently when enforcing the rules?:
    I would absolutely not treat Friends or Partners differently while enforcing rules on a server. Personally, I think work and personal relationships need to stay separate.

How often do you lose your temper? (Frequently, Sometimes, Rarely, Never): Sometimes, I would be lying to say I don’t lose my temper. Most of the time what people would see is satirical and sarcastic banter among friends. There is a time and place for joking around. During active moderation is not that time. And with skills I have acquired through the years I am more then able to censor myself whilst doing a job.

Do you have any past experience as a staff member? (If so, elaborate): Do you have any past experience as a staff member? (If so, elaborate):
    Yes, I have a fair amount of experience as a staff member. This experience being through real-life and Minecraft. Talking about Minecraft experience first;
    • Cactus Factions:
    • I ran a server called Cactus Factions. This server was active for the latter part of 2017 if I remember correctly. I took great pride in this as it was the first management job I held. During my time working with Cactus Factions I was able to sharpen skills I had previously learned and acquire new skills along the way. Some of the skills that I learned whilst working on Cactus Factions. PEX, World Region, I gained further knowledge of World Edit, and learned how to operate a server console. Among typical day to day staffing work. I thoroughly enjoyed interacting with the player base and did so often. I hosted mini events and strived to increase the interaction between player and staff. This worked for the most part and the sever lived a healthy life grossing around $2700 during the time it was operational.
    My experience on Minecraft as a staff member besides this is limited. Other than a build team I was on. My experience as a staff in real-life would be what I contribute more of my successes to. Starting from the first “Job” I had with real responsibilities.
    • Leadership program in my school:
    • Although an easy job it taught me the values of teamwork and how to lead a group properly. We took part in basic tasks, such as gathering food for the local outreach programs, doing daily reading with the children in lower grades, and picking up garbage during break times. As I said it was not the most difficult job, but it taught me the basics.
    • Fast Food Restaurant
    • I believe I was there for 6-7 months before moving on to a better paying job. During my time at this job I really came to terms with a hard truth, when working you will always have a boss and listening to them is not a negotiable thing. Other than that, I learned how to work under pressure. The lunch rushes could reach 15-20 orders at a time and they all needed to go out in under 2:30s. This meant I learned quickly how to interact with my co-workers in a fast-paced environment.
    • Land-Scaping Company
    • Slow for the most part this can be a fast-paced job where concentration is key. And communication is a must have. I work hard to perfect the task I am completing and mostly get it right.

How would you deal with a staff member breaking the rules?:
    Through my experience there would be a few ways to deal with a co-worker breaking the rules. Firstly, depending on your status in the workplace can you discipline them yourself? If accepted in my case no. So, I would inform (Staff member) of their wrong doing. Then I would pass the information on to the appropriate senior staff member. And let them handle it, as a moderator it would not be my job to discipline a fellow staff member.

How many times should a player be warned before action is taken?:
    I believe if you are conscious enough to break the rules you should get 1 warning. A verbal warning allowing the player to know they have broken a rule. If the player continues to break rules. They should be punished accordingly.
    How are you different from other Applicants?:
    I believe that everyone has their own strength and weaknesses. The difference between me and other applicant would be the fact I am able to constantly improve my strengths. And learn from my weaknesses while actively seeking a solution to them. I find that other applicants will settle for mediocrity. I refuse to do this, I have worked very hard in my life to obtain the things I have. From a young age settling has not been an option. I understand that I can come across as rude, immature, or crass at times. But I would like to tell the community I appreciate each one of them. And hope to improve an already wonderful server. I will work to fix my poor behavior that has been seen by some of you. And work toward a better feature on LuckySb.
    How do you believe you will benefit Lucky Skyblock as a member of staff?:
    While observing the constant state of the server. I believe that LuckySB would benefit greatly having me as a staff member because of my ties with the player base. Be that good or bad, I have interacted with these players on a daily basis and understand the community as a whole better than anyone else. Defusing fights and finding resolution to issues would be easy for me. No situation can be dealt with the same way and a lot of staff come in with the mind set of. Black and white, a player is either right or wrong. I thrive in the grey area allowing context and open discussion to take place. This would decrease the amount of animosity toward the staff team and hopefully ease the amount of anger held between players.

In conclusion I would just like to thank the current staff of LuckySB for staying around. People often make your job very difficult and I admit I have to at times. It is time for change and I hope to help in anyway I can with that.

-Sym

Hello @UnknownSymmetry, after reading your application I decided to give you a 0.5+. The reason for this score is because of recent behavior on the server, I really do think you could improve if you become more mature online, I understand everyone has there ups and downs certain times in there life but what happend last night around 11pm EST there was a lot of unnecessary talk in chat about the user DirtyCupcake,Myself and another user.

I wish you the best of luck!

This post shows you can't control your temper well. You took something from IRL and decided to come on and be toxic to players.
    :) Since you are such an upstanding member of the community I really take this to heart. I have not changed my application and don't plan to. I really appreciate your feedback scamss and hope to not interact with you on a daily basis. Have a wonderful day

-Sym

Scamss

:) Since you are such an upstanding member of the community I really take this to heart. I have not changed my application and don't plan to. I really appreciate your feedback scamss and hope to not interact with you on a daily basis. Have a wonderful day

-Sym
    This is a sarcastic comment. Me being toxic has no part in me telling someone they are also toxic.

This is a sarcastic comment. Me being toxic has no part in me telling someone they are also toxic.
    My deepest apologies Scamss I did not mean for my reply to come off as sarcastic. I was just stating the was I see you on a daily basis. You are extremely respectful of everyone's feelings and take their opinions to heart. I was merely admiring how well you have done for yourself. Have a wonderful day

-Sym

Sarcastically replying to a comment just shows how immature you really are. Not to mention how you acted on the server a couple days ago threatening to kill yourself because of something that happened last season, that you are clearly holding a grudge over. Regardless of what you are going through IRL you still need to act in a mature manner while online. You found a glitch in the game but refused to show staff because you think they will show scamss and then the game will be unfair, it's unfair right now because you're the only person that knows about it. Also admitting to crashing the server will not help you get staff. Also, telling another player to test their weed for fentanyl is a threat. You cannot threaten other players and then expect to get staff. You pretty much scammed Gammingtrollers out of her items that were on your island after you kicked her off. After everything that you did that night all you wanted was attention which is incredibly immature.

Sarcastically replying to a comment just shows how immature you really are. Not to mention how you acted on the server a couple days ago threatening to kill yourself because of something that happened last season, that you are clearly holding a grudge over. Regardless of what you are going through IRL you still need to act in a mature manner while online. You found a glitch in the game but refused to show staff because you think they will show scamss and then the game will be unfair, it's unfair right now because you're the only person that knows about it. Also admitting to crashing the server will not help you get staff. Also, telling another player to test their weed for fentanyl is a threat. You cannot threaten other players and then expect to get staff. You pretty much scammed Gammingtrollers out of her items that were on your island after you kicked her off. After everything that you did that night all you wanted was attention which is incredibly immature.
    Dear DirtyCupcake, it is no secret I dislike you. It shouldn't be. I don't have to like you, however I have to follow the rules that you enforce. This will be done. But when you ask me why I dislike you. And I provide you with reasons why. It seems ridiculous to be upset about them. GamingTrollers received 64 blaze spawners and 98 mill. She chose to give that back however, 64 Blaze Spawners far surpasses the amount she joined the island with. I have known about said "Glitch" since the 3 week and haven't used it. So it is not unfair for me to have knowledge. I chose to not show dwer as he shares plenty with scamss. and we all know scamss does what he wants. Telling the player to check their weed was not a threat. I was merely telling someone to be cautious of what the consume while smoking. As for being sarcastic, I am not being sarcastic. I will restate what I said previously. I will state how I see you. That is not rude, It is honest, Something I think everyone can work on. While you say I hold a grudge, i would have to agree. You said extremely rude things and were apart so many things that happened to me while playing the server. To talk about maturity with a 17 year old whilst being 27 seems a bit out of left field. You are not my mother and you don't get to tell me how I should act. You are 27 attempting to belittle a 17 year old on a internet block game. Speaking about how I should online when things are going on in my real life is also not your place. I work two jobs and go to school everyday, in order to support my family. You have no clue what I have gone through or what I am going through. You do not seem to understand that if I wanted to ruin the server I could. If I wanted to do bad things to people on the server I could. I don't, I really enjoy playing. But when someone such as yourself. A 27 year old woman with no experience interacting with youth chooses to tell me how to act. I will get a little angry. I have done more in my life so far then you will ever do. Please note this as an un-sarcastic 100% factual statement. I understand if I am punished for speaking the truth. I mean what I say and will stand by that. I wont apologies for how I acted. I am my 100% authentic self. If you do not like that I kindly invite you to not interact with me. Have a wonderful day

-Sym

Scamss

Dear DirtyCupcake, it is no secret I dislike you. It shouldn't be. I don't have to like you, however I have to follow the rules that you enforce. This will be done. But when you ask me why I dislike you. And I provide you with reasons why. It seems ridiculous to be upset about them. GamingTrollers received 64 blaze spawners and 98 mill. She chose to give that back however, 64 Blaze Spawners far surpasses the amount she joined the island with. I have known about said "Glitch" since the 3 week and haven't used it. So it is not unfair for me to have knowledge. I chose to not show dwer as he shares plenty with scamss. and we all know scamss does what he wants. Telling the player to check their weed was not a threat. I was merely telling someone to be cautious of what the consume while smoking. As for being sarcastic, I am not being sarcastic. I will restate what I said previously. I will state how I see you. That is not rude, It is honest, Something I think everyone can work on. While you say I hold a grudge, i would have to agree. You said extremely rude things and were apart so many things that happened to me while playing the server. To talk about maturity with a 17 year old whilst being 27 seems a bit out of left field. You are not my mother and you don't get to tell me how I should act. You are 27 attempting to belittle a 17 year old on a internet block game. Speaking about how I should online when things are going on in my real life is also not your place. I work two jobs and go to school everyday, in order to support my family. You have no clue what I have gone through or what I am going through. You do not seem to understand that if I wanted to ruin the server I could. If I wanted to do bad things to people on the server I could. I don't, I really enjoy playing. But when someone such as yourself. A 27 year old woman with no experience interacting with youth chooses to tell me how to act. I will get a little angry. I have done more in my life so far then you will ever do. Please note this as an un-sarcastic 100% factual statement. I understand if I am punished for speaking the truth. I mean what I say and will stand by that. I wont apologies for how I acted. I am my 100% authentic self. If you do not like that I kindly invite you to not interact with me. Have a wonderful day

-Sym
    Pretty sure you aren't allowed to hide bugs? That's like highly not allowed? And if your applying for staff why would you hide bugs? You want to fix the server yet you hide bugs from the server? Also just because you hate a player doesn't mean you be toxic towards them. once again you are applying for staff. for the 2nd time without waiting 2 weeks.

Scamss

I am going through. You do not seem to understand that if I wanted to ruin the server I could. If I wanted to do bad things to people on the server I could.
    Ok once again you want to help the server? Yet you are saying you can easily ruin it? Very hypocritical. If you are applying for staff why would you say "I can ruin the server" and "I know a bug I wont show staff because they will show scamss".

Pretty sure you aren't allowed to hide bugs? That's like highly not allowed? And if your applying for staff why would you hide bugs? You want to fix the server yet you hide bugs from the server? Also just because you hate a player doesn't mean you be toxic towards them. once again you are applying for staff. for the 2nd time without waiting 2 weeks.
    Oh sorry Scamss, I thought you might be busy doing charity work. I have said a couple times I don't know why this got posted. And I don't hate Dirtycupcake. She simply does not exist out side of Luckysb. And I requested for a staff member to see the bug. Nobody came, That is hardly hiding something. And not showing dwer was a choice as you said he was you "Agent" in the staff chat. You like to abuse Bugs as much as anyone else and having you find out would ruin the server. I would be more then happy to show a senior staff. At their earliest convenience. Have a wonderful day

-Sym

Scamss

Oh sorry Scamss, I thought you might be busy doing charity work. I have said a couple times I don't know why this got posted. And I don't hate Dirtycupcake. She simply does not exist out side of Luckysb. And I requested for a staff member to see the bug. Nobody came, That is hardly hiding something. And not showing dwer was a choice as you said he was you "Agent" in the staff chat. You like to abuse Bugs as much as anyone else and having you find out would ruin the server. I would be more then happy to show a senior staff. At their earliest convenience. Have a wonderful day

-Sym
    you accidentally created a new thread named it. Copied your application pasted it into here and pressed send? and didn't delete it?

Scamss

And I don't abuse bugs. I've never abused a bug on the server. The crash bugs I find are on complete accident. And I do at times try to intentionally try to find server crash issues. Because I know people with world edit can abuse a lot of crash bugs. So of course I try to find crash bugs to tell vyzon. That's not bad at all. Sometimes I crash the server finding the bugs. But I know they work and I tell vyzon so others cant abuse it.

"I don't know why it was posted" I never said it was an accident.
    how does something get "posted" without you doing it? you realize you have to had the thread made before it can even upload something and you could have deleted the thread.

And I don't abuse bugs. I've never abused a bug on the server. The crash bugs I find are on complete accident. And I do at times try to intentionally try to find server crash issues. Because I know people with world edit can abuse a lot of crash bugs. So of course I try to find crash bugs to tell vyzon. That's not bad at all. Sometimes I crash the server finding the bugs. But I know they work and I tell vyzon so others cant abuse it.

how does something get "posted" without you doing it? you realize you have to had the thread made before it can even upload something and you could have deleted the thread.
    I appreciate that you are so passionate about the sever but I have to stop replying now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.